The Masters on the Roof of the Bauhaus Studio Building in Dessau
Bauhaus Dessau, 1926
[Translate to English:] headline
The teaching staff of the Bauhaus is gathered on the roof of the new school building. Both the setting of photograph and the composition of the people portrayed is exemplary for the new era that began in Dessau: The Bauhaus had constructed its own building that corresponded to its own needs and, with its reinforced concrete construction, flat roof and curtain façade, was consistent with the latest trends in modern architecture. Moreover, the faculty was not only opened to women but also enhanced by the junior masters Albers, Scheper, Bayer, Schmidt, Breuer and Stölzl, who had previously been educated at the Bauhaus.
- Herzogenrath, Wulf & Stefan Kraus (1989): Erich Consemüller. Fotografien Bauhaus-Dessau, Munich.