Club Chair B 3, 2nd Version
Marcel Breuer, 1926
[Translate to English:] Text
Marcel Breuer, the junior master and head of the Dessau furniture workshop appointed by Walter Gropius, designed the club chair B3 in 1926 as a “design for a new lifestyle”. It was later called the “Wassily chair” in reference to the revered master Wassily Kandinsky. The chair was part of the furniture collection designed for the Bauhaus Building in Dessau, which opened in 1926.
- Breuer, Gerda (2009): Vorzeigeobjekt des Neuen Wohnens. Marcel Breuers Clubsessel B 3, in Modell Bauhaus, hg. v. Bauhaus-Archiv / Museum für Gestaltung, Stiftung Bauhaus Dessau und Klassik Stiftung Weimar, Ausstellungskatalog, Ostfildern: Hatje Cantz, S. 203ff.